April 2022 Meeting Notes

Meeting was held April 12, 2022 via Zoom

I- Officer Reports

Seneschal: Johann Bohrer von Elsass
a- Opening of meeting

Baron/Baroness: Sir Angus von Atzinger and Mistress Melisande de Canonwald
a- Registration for Pennsic is open. If camping with the barony, let Angus know your tent size
b- Planning to attend Tournament of the Dragon, Dragon’s Hoard, Coronation, and Crown
c- Painting sheet walls project being planned
d- Please send award recommendations directly to us, still working on the form on the website
e- Report is due at coronation. Please send us your officer reports

Chronicler: Roisin de Burgh
a- Want to do an A&S themed newsletter for summer.

Exchequer: Hypathia of Inish mor
a- Jan and Feb reports sent in, regional is looking over for correct.
b- $2,974.30 in bank account. Losing $8 per month because of paper statement, want to switch to digital. Looking over past statements for audit purposes.

A&S: Francis Howard
a- Trying to contact Evendale Cultural Arts Center to do Fenix A&S stuff. Baron & Baroness have offered their house for Fenix banner making

Chatelaine: Gabriel de Burgh
a- Talking to Galladorn for another group practice on May 1st proposed. Please let me know if there are issues with this date

Herald: Reinhold von Glier
a- Not much going on right now. Report in on time
b- If you need help with heraldry, I will help where I can.
c- Heraldry is not required, but a fun aspect of the SCA

Armored/Heavy Marshal: Hengist Hawardessune
a- We have fighters! Monday is going well. Last 2 weeks we have had out of town visitors.
b- Stepping down as heavy marshal. Nominate Onund as replacement (only one to show interest)
c- Lawson is our newest authorized fighter
d- Off of all COVID restrictions. Check database for waiver on file. Your responsibility to check and send in the waiver. Check other kingdoms for covid restrictions if you are traveling.

Rapier: Gabriel de Burgh
a- Lots of calibration drills to prepare for fighting season
b- Lull in attendance, like to see more. If you have ANY interest, please attend. We have loaner gear
c- Report due next month

Youth Martial Marshal: Reinhold von Glier
a- Have not had a youth practice.
b- Will have a youth event at Grand Tournament of the Dragon. Limited hours. Tourney style depends on turnout
c- Youth practice will open up in May once marshal time is freed up

Social Media Officer: Amaranth Wolfbane
Quartermaster: Roisin de Burgh
Archery Marshal: Office vacant
Equestrian Marshal: Office vacant
Thrown Weapons Marshal: Office vacant

II- Old Business
a- Baron Angus is the new Land agent for Pennsic
b- COVID Safe policy lifted to pre-pandemic norms
c- May Day not being in May, may be fall?

III- New Business:
a- Pennsic registration is open
b- New heavy marshal nominated. Voted and passed. Onund is our new heavy marshal
c- We need a meeting to go through archived paperwork. Currently spread across at least 3 houses. Needs to be consolidated, reviewed, and scanned.

Leave a Comment